Furnace not blowing hot air (problem with pump?)

Old 02-16-12, 11:33 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Furnace not blowing hot air (problem with pump?)

My hot water is working fine but I believe it is not getting to the coils to heat the air blowing from my furnace. Any tips on how I can fix this issue?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-12, 02:01 PM
Going to need alot more imformation than what you have gave so far

Old 02-16-12, 03:12 PM
NJT
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Yeah, that's the truth!

We need to know make/model of the boiler at the very least.

You will need to know where the PRESSURE/TEMPERATURE gauge is on the boiler and tell us what the reading is.

Stuff like that to start with.

Old 02-23-12, 07:06 AM
Sorry for the delay guys. I was having trouble finding the product online. It's hard to read the info on the furnace but here is what I made out:
First Co. 18RAOT-3
Rating 120v-1hp-60htz
Motor 2.9 amps 1/5/hp
Pump 0.57 amps 1/35hp

Is this enough info to get me going?

Old 02-23-12, 07:51 AM
NJT
No, sorry, still not what we're looking for.

The info you gave is for the "Air Handler" portion of your system, and that's not what's needed at this point... but we may need that in the future.

We would like to know the make and model of the BOILER. The source of the hot water that is pumped to your air handlers. It's most likely in your basement?

On that BOILER, there is a PRESSURE/TEMPERATURE gauge. We need to know the readings on that gauge.

Also, please estimate the vertical height difference between the boiler location, and the location of the air handler. Example: if the boiler is in the basement, and the air handler is in the attic, how many floors are between them? How many feet high is the air handler above the boiler?

Old 02-23-12, 02:01 PM
I'll get that info tonight. I'm in a 1 br condo. I think the Water heater is fine because my water gets hot. the air blowing out of my vents wont heat up. Thats why i thought theres a problem with the furnace.

Old 02-23-12, 02:21 PM
NJT
You may have some misconceptions about your system...

Your domestic hot water 'probably' comes from a stand-alone water heater. In some cases, the water heater is used to heat the water that heats the home, but that is sorta rare.

Your 'furnace' ... may not be the part that you think it is... the things that blow the air are called 'air handlers'. You don't actually have a furnace if you've got hot water pipes running to the air handlers. That hot water should come from a 'boiler'.

So, take a look around and give us the info... tell us what equipment you see in the basement or utility room and we'll try to figure it out for you.