Boiler running same time A/C is on ?

Old 06-07-12, 10:34 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Boiler running same time A/C is on ?

Hi There
I have a Honeywell T87 stat for heating and cooling. Today I turned the A/C on and about an hour later came thru the cellar and found my boiler was running at the same time the A/C was on. Up stairs bedroom stat was calling for heat so I turned the stat to 60 degrees and the boiler shut down. This doesn't seem correct. The stat controls are Heat--Off--Cool and Fan--Auto and are set to Auto and Cool why would the boiler run?
Please help.
Joe1575

Old 06-07-12, 01:08 PM
E
Because the upstairs bdrm thermostat was calling for heat.
You don't say if you turned ALL thermostats to A/C.
I have separate thermostats for heating and cooling, and if I don't turn the boiler off, the A/C will get the air temp down low enough to trigger the heating thermostat in the bathroom. So I usually turn the boiler off (I have a separate hot water heater) AND turn each thermostat down.

Old 06-07-12, 02:26 PM
D
Does your boiler also make your domestic hot water?

Old 06-08-12, 05:37 AM
J
Does your boiler also make your domestic hot water? No it doesn't. But I'm starting to think maybe this normal operation for my system. When I turn the other 3 zone stats to say 80 degrees the boiler will start even when the A/C is running. So don't turn them up for heat and the boiler will not run. The 4th zone stat that control's the A/C and Heat will only control one or the other. I think in the past I just shut the power to the boiler OFF in the summer and never saw this happen. My boiler doesn't have a pilot lite so I'll just shut it down till winter.

Thanks for your help !
joe1575

Last edited by joe1575; 06-08-12 at 05:39 AM. Reason: spelling error

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: