Running circulating pumps during the summer with cold boiler

Old 06-10-12, 06:38 AM
N
Received 17 Votes on 16 Posts
Running circulating pumps during the summer with cold boiler

What problems could arise by running my circulation pumps during the sumer with a cold boiler?

I was doing some measurements last night with my laster thermometer and noted that pipe work (and boiler) in the basement was a nice 61'F (approxmately 9PM last night). The basement was about the same.
The main floor was 73'F, Second floor 76'F and the third floor bedroom was 80'F. Attic was still 92'F Outside temp was 83'F.

What I was thinking was to run the circulation pumps to circulate the cool water from the basement through the house and back down to the basement to cool. We do not have any A/C in the house.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-12, 07:15 AM
F
Received 35 Votes on 27 Posts
You could (will) condense the humidity from the air under certain conditions. If you already have low humidity it may not be a problem but since you won't get any air movement neither will you get much cooling.

Old 06-10-12, 01:23 PM
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
As Furd stated it won't do much. Baseboard works on the chimney effect. Hot air rises and there is not enough baseboard on the bottom side of the badeboard to cause an air flow. Plus it would be too hard to pull hot air down.