wiring question

Old 06-12-12, 06:10 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
wiring question

Hi, I'm installing a Hydrolevel Fuel Smart 3250 aquastat on an older Weil Mclane hot water boiler. I have 3 heating zones plus an indirect hot water heater, single circulator, zone valves, no zone control panel. I think I need to wire as shown in figure 6 of the installation manual http://www.hydrolevel.com/pages/pdf_...structions.pdf
I have the relay mounted and ready to wire. My question is: I need 2 sets of wires running from the 2 sets of relay contacts to the aquastat (ZC - ZR and
L1 - C1). Is it OK to run both pairs of wires in the same conduit? I'm assuming it's OK, but I thought I'd get an expert opinion. Thanks, Steve

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-12, 12:28 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Update

I installed the aquastat the way I described in my original post. Hope it's not a huge
violation! Anyway, the Hydrolevel Fuel Smart seems to work exactly as it's supposed to, at least heating my indirect water heater. Very impressive unit. I'll have to wait until fall to see if it really saves fuel, but I'll report when I have some better data. I had to replace my old aquastat anyway, so I figured I'd try this. I know there are some that say it won't save anything, but I figured it was worth a try.
Steve

Old 06-14-12, 02:10 PM
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
You are OK running the two circuits togather in the same conduit. You just cannot mix line voltage and low voltage in the same conduit.

Old 06-14-12, 03:04 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
There are 'rules' about conduit fill also... but if you are using 1/2" I think 4 wires is fine.