Honeywell Aquastat L8124 C 1102; circulator not shutting off...in June...

Old 06-20-12, 04:16 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Red face Honeywell Aquastat L8124 C 1102; circulator not shutting off...in June...

Hi, I did search the forums looking for this problem before posting, but could not find my answer...

I have a oil fired, 3 zone, forced hot water boiler. Burnham V-74-T.
This has a tankless domestic hot water as well.

I have a Honeywell L8124 C 1102 Aquastat with settings of: 160 High, 140 Low, 10 degree diff.

Currently it is June, I'm not calling for any heat in the house..yet it seems that the Taco 007-F4 Circulator (only circulator in the system) seems to run all of the time.

I CAN have it shut down by jacking up the LOW set point to 200 and it shuts off but I know that is not the correct thing to do.

I did (just now, when I went to get Honeywell Model) that one of the zone valves was a bit skewed and not seated 100% and not sure if it was seating properly. I twisted it off and put it back on so it is seated correctly.

I also noticed that out of the three return pipes from the zones that this particular zone was slightly warm as compared to the other two that were coolish.

QUESTION:

Is the circulator control tied directly to the position of the zone valve? Meaning, could the zone valve being a bit skewed, and not close 100% cause the circ to run?

Zone Valve info. TACO 555-102....

Side Note: I just went down to basement to get Zone valve info. and the circ is not running so I think I solved the problem..

This could be a first, the mere gathering of information, posting a question, has helped me troubleshoot this myself, I think...

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-12, 12:36 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Found the problem. The TACO zone valve motor head was the problem. It had malfunctioned and when trying to put back on it was already extended causing it hard to put it on and as soon as you put it on, it would open the zone valve. Replaced the motor head and all is well.