A419 electronic temperature controls with NEMA

Old 09-29-12, 11:21 PM
Arrow A419 electronic temperature controls with NEMA

This might be an electronics question but it is part of my boiler also. I have hot water base board heat and a boiler that runs on oil. When I purchased a new boiler last they also installed a new water heater which can run on electricity in the summer and off of the boiler in the winter. There is an A419 Series Electronic Temperature Control box on the wall. I never messed with it but when the boiler tune up guy was here this week I asked him about it. He started changing the digital settings and then stopped and said: I really don't how to set this. Now my hot water is scalding hot. I would like to know what each function should be set at. The functions are: Setpoint (SP), Differential ( dfL), Anti-Short Cycle Delay (ASd), SensorFailure Operation (SF), and Temperature Offset (OFS). I do not know what this stuff means. But one of these settings must be for the hot water. Now I have messed with all of the settings. What should each one be set at.

Thank you

Last edited by NJT; 09-30-12 at 08:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-12, 08:27 AM
NJT
Upvotes Received: 1
He started changing the digital settings and then stopped and said: I really don't how to set this.
Yeah, there ya go... start pushing buttons on a piece of equipment that you don't know what it does. Why didn't the installer just put a sign on it that said " Do not press these buttons " ... then everyone would press them...

Without being able to see how the controller is wired into the system, we can't say for sure what it does, but it's a good bet that it somehow is related to the problem you have now.

Can you tell us what the actual settings are at this time?

Here is the manual for the controller:

http://cgproducts.johnsoncontrols.co...PDF/125188.PDF

Can you follow the wires and tell us what the controller is connected to?