Oil Fired Boiler Zone valve wiring

Old 11-01-12, 05:46 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Oil Fired Boiler Zone valve wiring

I replaced my old hydronic Columbia oil fired boiler with a good used 2003 cast iron Thermal Dynamics boiler S-210 model. It came with standard 206625 Honeywell aquastat. I used my old Taco F5-007 cirulator which is fine.

The problem is I made the mistake not marking the 2 wire sets that connect to the 2 Erie zone valves. There are 5 terminals for each zone valve. I thought my HVAC installer would be able to figure it out but he could not which I was surprised. Also I want to double check a few wiring details inside the Aquastat.

A secondary issue is that my HVAC guy told me to cross the 2 "T" terminals in the aquastat with a small wire to manually override the system so I can get heat to the radiators as a short term fix. I would run the boiler no more then 1 hour then shut it down. Furthermore a large radiator on the 3rd floor of my old house would not get that hot with this over ride. He assured me this was OK. I hope so?

I need to double check the wiring first in the aquastat. Question #1: Which colored wires connect to the 2 "T" terminals inside the aquastat? Is red on top and white on bottom, or does it not matter? Question #2: Double checking that the yellow wire from the circulator connects to the black hot wire? Question #3: Double checking that the C1 is the hot and C2 is neutral white wire on the aquastat terminals?

For the Erie zone valves, Question #4: There are 5 sets of wires each, is there a standard color code that connects to these wires? I assume red wire to the thermostat is always hot? Can they be reversed with the white? The zone valve wire are a set of 6 so I assume one is not used.

I appreciate your help.

Dave

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-12, 11:52 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Electrician friend came over and set up the wiring. All seems to be OK.