Zone up and running! But......I forgot to install a bleeder, big deal?

Old 12-09-12, 10:14 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Zone up and running! But......I forgot to install a bleeder, big deal?

Okay, got my 4th zone wired up an integrated into the system and I have heat in my porch conversion. I was in a bit of a rush soldering pipe (had a handyman over doing a lot of finish work in my room- my travels to Maryland to work leave me no time) and I neglected to put in a bleeder.

BTW thanks N J Trooper for everything, your info helped immensely . I was told I could bleed the system by using the zone shutoff valve and the spigot next to it and flush it out that way (air) by letting more water flow through pressure reducer.

Thoughts

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-12, 03:21 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
I was told I could bleed the system by using the zone shutoff valve and the spigot next to it and flush it out that way (air) by letting more water flow through pressure reducer.
It's possible... if the drain spigot is 'upstream' of the zone valve, and the water feeder were 'downstream'. Water is always going to flow from higher pressure to lower pressure... so if your zone valve is between the feeder and the drain spigot (and CLOSED), that water would have nowhere to go except around the loop.

In other words, 'become the water' and think to yourself, "where would I go if I were water?"

Old 12-12-12, 12:17 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The loop is built as follows: Zone valve tapped off the main 1" feeder, loops around and
next in loop (near the return) is the shutoff and spigot (a combined unit that more redirects the water out the spigot) and then tapped into main return line.

SO, I close the shutoff, open the zone valve (turn t'stat way up), and
open the drain/spigot for the zone. That should be correct, yes? I am getting popping and other noises from the zone and I assume there is air in the lines. I DO have an air purger and a couple of those vents with the thumb nut on top near the main lines.

...Alan