Source for Red Boiler Switchplates?

Old 12-16-12, 02:13 PM
G
Received 13 Votes on 13 Posts
Source for Red Boiler Switchplates?

I keep seeing photos on here of systems with red-colored, electrical switchplates for boilers. Can anybody tell me a source that sells them?

Old 12-16-12, 02:23 PM
NJT
Received 4 Votes on 3 Posts
They don't have at HD or Lowes?

Wal-Mart?

Morris Products 1 Gang Oil Emergency Metal Switch Plates: Patio Furniture & Decor : Walmart.com

Morris Products Raised Oil Emergency Metal Switch Plates: Patio Furniture & Decor : Walmart.com

Funny (typical?) that the description says OIL, but the plate says GAS (they have both, pics are swapped)

Want 6 for $7 ?

Lot of 6 Vintage Sierra Red Emergency Switch Plate Covers | eBay

I would get one of these and paint it myself:

image courtesy geekalerts.com

Old 12-16-12, 02:55 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Old 12-16-12, 03:19 PM
G
OK, boys, thanks!

By the way, I went directly to the Morris Products website - they list separate switchplates labeled OIL or GAS (even though the photo captions are all described as GAS).

Actually, I was hoping for an emergency switchplate labeled BOILER, rather than GAS BURNER. If the spouse sees GAS BURNER, she might confuse it for the gas water heater, which of course has no electric power supply, or maybe even for one of our other gas-fired appliances. And, my emergency switch will cut off the whole 120-V supply to the boiler, not just for the burner. But life is full of compromises. I'll make do with one of those switchplates. Thanks for being so prompt in resolving this important issue.

Old 12-16-12, 03:38 PM
G
They don't have at HD or Lowes?
I don't think I've seen them at the nearest HD, but it's a scaled down HD (e.g., no lumber). Lowes is not well represented in the Midwest - but instead, we have Menards (don't remember seeing them there either).

I'm not a professional installer or repairman, but I sense that in my area, generally without building codes or inspectors, the red switchplates are not regularly installed. The rare hot-water boiler, including associated electrical work, would likely be installed and serviced by plumbers who do business as "heating, air-conditioning, and plumbing" guys. Most of them are pretty good, and in such a localized area, the bad ones are soon outed. But they might not worry too much about an emergency switchplate. (But I want one, and I will get one. We can learn a lot from you New Englanders, without having to live there.)

Old 12-16-12, 03:45 PM
NJT
Received 4 Votes on 3 Posts
I would think Menard's would have... you wouldn't have seen it if you weren't looking for it! I know, I do the same thing, up and down every aisle memorizing everything in the store...

Doug, I spent two weeks in Dubuque one day! ha ha ha

Old 12-16-12, 06:12 PM
G
I spent two weeks in Dubuque one day! ha ha ha
There was once a very famous quiz show. First prize was one day, all expenses paid, in Dubuque. Second prize was two days in Debuque.

Sorry, old joke.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: