Utica gas boiler pushing out water under pressure

Old 01-21-13, 07:48 PM
C
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Utica gas boiler pushing out water under pressure

I have a UTICA Boiler that is kicking out water when in heavy use here in NJ. I have bled some water out of the boiler to bring the pressure down to about 15 psi-20 psi. The pressure keeps building up back to around 30 psi. Do I just keep bleeding water? Could there be air in the system? Could there be any components to the boiler that may be defective or is the boiler showing signs of age (12 years old) There are 3 circulator pumps (2 attached near the boiler) and one for radiant heat a few feet away. There is also a small circulator pump that circulates water back to a hot water holding tank. There is an electronic ignition and a Honeywell Thermostat and about 40 different wires running all over the place, etc. I just had an issue where one of the pumps was not turning on but hopefully a thermostat wire that was put back (possibly loose) fixed that issue. Now I just have some water being released. I have a 5 gallon bucket that is dumped about every 2-5 days depending how much water is kicked out. I can also take pictures of the boiler and post up if necessary. This is a hot water system only independent of the air conditioning system.

Thank you.

Old 01-21-13, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Read this sticky....

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/bo...sion-tank.html

And please take some pics.

Old 01-21-13, 08:05 PM
C
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you. I saw that after I posted this. I will bleed the system as I have been doing to get the pressure down to zero (cooled down boiler) Then check for pressure. I understand as the bladder system is in my expansion tank for my irrigation. Hopefully no water comes blowing out of the tank as then it is shot. Thank you.

Old 01-21-13, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Let us know how it turns out. We still like to look at pics....

Other then the exp tank it could be your fill valve also.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: