Rodrigt - Expansion tank

Old 02-03-13, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Trooper, thanks again!

Did he add the shutoff valve above the pump, or was that already there?
Was anything mentioned by the plumber about the leaking packing around the valve stem on the lower valve? Or did you tighten that packing nut a bit as mentioned way earlier?
The pump shut-off valves were added some 12-15 years ago by a different plumber. Upon your thoughtful reminder about that valve leak, with a bit of baking soda the bluish color residue came off and there is zero indication of further weeping. I'll keep a eye on it and hopefully it won't need further attention before the re-circ pump eventually needs replacement.

PS- During this upgrade process, on my 23yr-old- boiler I've also proactively replaced the back-flow, pressure-control, pressure-relief and drain-valves, plus the exp tank and two air vents - two of those valves were shockingly clogged and I had no idea! Thanks to your guidance some of my boiler-condo-common-area neighbors are also investing a few hundred $bucks in doing the same, whereas others (with no understanding) have spent $5.6-$7.6K for an entirely new boiler - over-sized to boot (60MBH Vs 45). Thank you!

Sponsored Links