L8124A1098 Aquastat Replacement

Old 01-16-13, 08:32 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
L8124A1098 Aquastat Replacement

Here is the deal; Slant Fin TR 30 boiler, L8124a 1098, Tankless coil, 3 zones, one controlled by aquastat and 2 others by R845A relays off the ZR and ZC terminals,Becket AFG burner.

Everything works fine, but aquastat is old and I want to replace it. I see L8124a 1007 units out there, but none with the 1098 suffix in the P\N like mine. Will this new model work? Or should I go with the L7224U model that seems to replace everything.

My only reservation with the L7224U is I am old school, and the idea of " error " messages and the like are not my style. Still, it seems like the newer tech features might be nice. After Sandy, my other concern is how the IC chips on the 7224 will work with generator power as opposed to good old mechanical relays on the 8124. Thoughts?

Last edited by NJT; 01-16-13 at 05:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-13, 05:14 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
old and I want to replace it
Not a good enough reason to me... but then, not only am I old school, I'm also CHEAP! and believe that if it ain't broke...

Patriot Supply says this is the replacement for the -1098.

Patriot Supply - L8124A1015

I've seen other sources that say the -1007 will also work.

how the IC chips on the 7224 will work with generator power as opposed to good old mechanical relays on the 8124. Thoughts?
My boiler has all the electronic controls and it ran with no problem for 14 days after the storm, first week with an OLD (40 years) 2KW 120V only model, then the second week on a Generac 5KW. Whether or not the equipment will run or not has MUCH more to do with the quality of the generator. If you have a genset that produces a STABLE output (voltage and frequency) with low THD (total harmonic distortion) you will be fine.