low pressure oil boiler riello 40 combi hot water/heating system problem

Old 01-22-13, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question low pressure oil boiler riello 40 combi hot water/heating system problem

Our new home with an installed heating system with a cenvax bc130 boiler control and and rielllo40 g3b 437ti doing the hot water cylinder and radiators.
I cleaned out the flue well, replacing the gaskets on the ports in the back of the combustion chamber and bottom of flue.
I replaced the jet for the diesel, my fuel source, control box recently too. and it worked well. I ran out of fuel some time later but before noticing that I decided to change some of the wiring and blow the bc130 up.
A new one later, I installed it accordingly to the guide I translated from dutch on a search engine.
it responds to the call for heat signals with the leds on the box front.
it activates the circulation pump and puts 24v into the terminals for the solenoid on the y valve.
(The radiators have priority flow and the port to the hot water cylinder can be open or closed)
once the call is recieved the led for the burner lights up but there is no power in the terminals for the Riello.
I dont think it is the Riello that is at fault because if it was the power would still be provided
at the terminals?
but I am looking to get the testing procedure for the Riello control box online to confirm this
the is no voltage reading when there should be one in the Riello control box circuit of between 102>130Vac
when all the the thermostats are off/not calling for heat there is no continuity.
the thermostats make an electrical connection in all three of them in a continuity test.
could it be the bc130 faulty?

thanks in advance for any thing you have to offer.

Last edited by gunga dan; 01-22-13 at 04:52 PM. Reason: there is a load of (size=3) tx been put all over it for some reason.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-13, 05:37 PM
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
European style "combi" units are uncommon in the U.S., where most of us here are located. Perhaps there is a European-oriented, DIY forum that could be more help?

Old 01-23-13, 02:26 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
This may well be the case but I'm reaching further afield Gilmorrie,

I found some riello distributors in the US from earlier searches regarding the system.
whne I get this dam thing sorted Ill enjoy having a look through the woodworking section of this forum for sure.

cheers dan.