Enerjet hot water boiler not staying on...?

Old 01-25-13, 09:47 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Enerjet hot water boiler not staying on...?

Hi - I have an issue which is frustrating the heck out of me... Enerjet boiler set up for hot water baseboard. (I know, Enerjet stinks). The unit had been working fine in the past. This winter there have been issues - I could set the thermostat and it would come on, heat up the water and start pushing through the pipes. But then a few hours later it wouldn't even call for heat, and no circulation.
I replaced the thermostat first. Again, tried it out, boiler came on fine and then left and it went off overnight.
I checked the supply side pipe and it wasn't hot, despite the temperature reading on the gauge at 180 degrees, and the boiler was coming on as the temp dipped. I felt the taco pump and it was red hot. Return side was also cold. So I figured circulator pump may have given up the ghost. I replaced with a new taco circulator, and all was well for a day or two. Then the same problem...
Boiler comes on when thermostat calls for heat, but circulator isn't moving any water, despite it being on. Circulator is also red hot again now.
Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?
I just replaced circulator 2 weeks ago, so I was going to bring it back and get new replacement, but I don't want this same problem to happen again. I do have a multimeter, and am novice with it so could likely do some testing. This is using honeywell controls. Help!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-13, 11:29 AM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
Doug, tell us what the PRESSURE and TEMPERATURE gauge are reading... BOTH readings at the same time...