Honeywell Aquastat L8148E

Old 02-06-13, 07:02 PM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Honeywell Aquastat L8148E

All Boiler that is equipped with the AquaStat L8148E, My question is, Does the furnace comes On and Off along with the circulating pump? Doesn't the circulating pump suppose to stay on for a little long? In order for the Pump to stay On does the Aquastat L8148E need the L6006 low limit control? Thanks in advance for the help...........

Old 02-06-13, 08:05 PM
NJT
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hi Vic,

On an 8148E the pump will come on and stay on only as long as there is a call for heat from the thermostats.

No, it does not continue to run after the heat call ends.

The BURNER may start and stop during a typical heat cycle.

Old 02-07-13, 08:28 AM
V
ok thanks, will the Aquasmart be a good replacement? my boiler start for 2:30 minute and cut off along with the circulating pump, I don't thing this is normal...

Old 02-07-13, 08:57 AM
NJT
I don't thing this is normal
Is the home reaching the set temperature on the thermostat?

Does your home have only one thermostat?

Depending on how large the boiler is, and what the heat loss of the home is, a boiler cycle of 2-1/2 minutes might be expected... I agree, it sounds like a short cycle, but the problem might not be with the aquastat.

The AquaSmart appears to be a good product but I have no personal 'hands-on' experience with it.

Old 02-07-13, 01:44 PM
V
It is an old burham Hydronic, I believe it is a 44k BTU and it is use for a basement around 1100 sq. Ft. Has only 1 thermostat

Old 02-07-13, 02:58 PM
NJT
Is the home (room) reaching the set temperature on the thermostat?

Is the thermostat mounted in such a way that it is not being heated by the output of the radiators or the baseboards?

In other words, if the thermostat is mounted on a wall above a baseboard, the heat from the baseboard will rise up and cause the thermostat to shut off too early.

Old 02-08-13, 07:54 AM
V
Ok thanks, it could be that the thermostat is too close to the pipes then, I will remove it and see What happens.

On the other hand, do you know about proper Ventilation ?,
My building has all the hot water boiler and the furnace in the middle of the building at the basement, I'm assuming it is due to the chimney location, now, I want to move all the domestic hot water and the boiler along with the furnace towards the rear of the building like 16 ft. Away from the chimney, from the new location where I wish to locate them, could the exhaust from the 3 domestic hot water heaters and the boiler be branch and travel approximately 16ft. Towards the chimney on a 3 or 4 in. vent pipe ? Is this safe and possible, or each one has to have its own vent pipe?

Old 02-08-13, 08:13 AM
NJT
Vic, is this a multi-family building that you own?

Concerning the moving of hot water heaters and such, and how to properly vent them... this isn't a question that I feel that you should be accepting advice about from the internet.

There is a HIGH POTENTIAL FOR FAILURE AND INJURY OR DEATH if this is not performed properly.

You must get advice from a QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL on this matter.

Old 02-08-13, 09:26 AM
V
Yes! It is a 2 flat unit.

Ok trooper. Thanks for your advice,

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: