Looking for a little help. Fields Power Vent CK63 Reseting issues every 10 min.

Old 02-09-13, 08:01 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Looking for a little help. Fields Power Vent CK63 Reseting issues every 10 min.

Hello everyone. I have new EFI oil to gas boiler. Guy did a semi great job installing it. We have an issues with the power vent turning off and then right back on every 10 minutes. Replaced and adjusted the power vacuum vent? Still doing the same thing. He was up front about the power vent not being 100% able to work on them. So I have a number to call and I can also call UGI out. I'm just wondering is there anything I can do. Problem is were to even start. No issues before running it as an oil boiler. Only replaced the gun in it to a NG.
As of right now it runs fine, we have heat, power vent works as it should. Did the safety checks. Just resets every 10 min?

Thanks again guys...

Old 02-09-13, 08:20 PM
NJT
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
I think if we were to be able to help in any way we would need to know all the details...

Make and model of boiler, gas conversion equipment, all controls used and exactly how they are wired.

The wiring diagram being the number one priority, and the hardest to convey properly.

Old 02-09-13, 09:20 PM
G
Yeah NJ Trooper. I was looking for kinda an open answer. Where to start, or what to look for. Some basic insight to a power vent doing this.

There's so much going on with my setup I couldn't even explain it all so someone else would understand. Try to keep it basic: EFI oil burner converted to a wayne 250a? NG burner. Power vent is wired off the burner. Same way it came off the oil burner. All we changed was the burner part, nothing else was touched or replaced. Burner was setup useing the proper tools. Power goes out from burner to power vent. Power vent does it's thing and then sends power back to burner to fire. Pretty simple just for the fact it resets it's self.

I called Fields Controls and they gave very little help on why there power vent would do this. Why run for 10 minutes at a time?

Old 02-09-13, 10:19 PM
NJT
Where is the wire on the CK63 terminal T1 coming from ?

Old 02-10-13, 02:24 PM
G
NJ Trooper.

It looks like it is coming off B1 from a Honeywell Triple Aquastat l8124a, c l8151a.

My number is [sorry, please read forum rulz, no personal info allowed - NJT] if its easier then back and forth on a forum.

Last edited by NJT; 02-10-13 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-10-13, 02:44 PM
NJT
Here is the PDF file for the CK63.

http://www.fieldcontrols.com/pdfs/46400900.pdf

Do you also have the WMO blocked vent kit installed?

Old 02-10-13, 02:50 PM
NJT
There should be a white 120VAC NEUTRAL wire on T2 then, correct?

And where is the wire on T3 going?

I'm not at all familiar with the Wayne gas gun, and haven't found any good clear info on it yet.

The diagrams in the PDF show the wire on T1 coming from the oil burner primary control, not from the B1 on the aquastat, but I suppose that will work the same way.

When you say that it 'comes right back on' do you mean IMMEDIATELY, with NO DELAY at all?

When the venter shuts off, does the burner ALSO shut off?

Do you own and know how to use a multimeter, and if so, do you have the skills to work with live 120VAC power circuits?

Old 02-10-13, 03:50 PM
G
T3 is going to motor relay 2 on the burner.

I haven't found anything.

Right back on with no delay expect for the 30 second on the gas burner which is normal.

Yes, shuts burner right off, leading to the 30 second delay, but goes into call for heat without delay.

I have to look around here and see if I have a volt meter, but I am skilled enough to work on it.

Just don't know where to go???

Old 02-10-13, 04:05 PM
NJT
Just don't know where to go???
That's the problem... and without a schematic of how it's wired, difficult to even tell you...

In that PDF that I linked to, there are some troubleshooting diagrams that show what to measure.

I would start by watching the voltage between T2 and T1.

If that voltage 'drops out' when everything shuts down, then the AQUASTAT is 'telling' the control to shut down.

As long as there is a 'heat call', AND the boiler water is not at it's high limit setpoint, there should always be 120VAC present at that point.

If the voltage at T2 and T1 REMAINS at 120VAC when the venter and the burner shut down, then the problem is either in the CK63 itself, or the pressure switch (you said it's new and adjusted properly? are you sure? There is procedure in that PDF for properly adjusting it).

Does your system also have the WMO blocked vent switch installed?

Old 02-10-13, 05:07 PM
G
Not sure about the wmo switch. What is it and where would it be.

I think it's going to be a service call. If voltage is dropping out, why, where and where would it be at. For that split second? The power vent worked fine before the swap.

Fields also said about ground, but they also say after there control it's not there problem.
So you can tell me something is tripping your control, but no solution?

The pdf you sent, it is wired to the first diagram as much as I can tell.
The switch is adjusted and fields said it would not cause it to do what it is doing.

Old 02-10-13, 05:44 PM
G
I belive I have it tracked it down. T2 is nuetral and goes back to the box where the burner is and is just capped. Should be hooked into something if it's used as nuetral. I understand the other white nuetral is not used. So where do I tie in?

Old 02-10-13, 06:54 PM
NJT
I would think that if you've got B1, which is the 120VAC burner power, going to T1...

That B2 which is the NEUTRAL terminals, that it should be wired to T2 ...

Old 02-10-13, 07:28 PM
G
NJ Trooper I would to like thank you. You did enough to get the gears grinding upstairs.

You were right about B2-T2. That is what I also came up with also and it seems to be working 100%.

I will be sending the guy a bill for 2 hours of labor, it was just such a jackass move on his part. Not to be able to look at a simple wiring diagram and figure that out is crazy.

Thanks again...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: