Bosch and Rinnai

Old 02-14-13, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hytech wall mounted gas boiler

I have posted on the site before concerning my Hytech HT14ne wall mounted gas boiler. I have trouble with the main burner not coming on. I had the mercury flame sensor replaced and it still is not fixed. I need some good advice on where to go from here. The unit is from 1983. I do not want to spend more money on the old system. What other boiler system options do you recommend. The boiler is located in the garage. Thanks, Bob in Virginia

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-13, 01:06 PM
Bosch and Rinnai

Any suggestions on a Bosch or a Rinnai gas boiler. I have an old Hytech 14NE wall mounted boiler and it is 30 years old and is giving me some trouble..

Old 02-16-13, 03:02 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
Any models in particular you are looking at Bob?

Old 02-17-13, 08:15 AM
I am just starting to look into a replacement boiler. Not sure of exact model. The mechanic that helped me get the hytech going again, had never seen a hytech wall mounted boiler. He told me about the bosch and rinnai. I know there are a few other manufacturers. If I can get through this heat season, I will look into a new system this spring.

Old 02-17-13, 08:27 AM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
I know that I looked at your boiler manual a while back, but don't recall much of it... I'm assuming that due to it's age it is a standard efficiency, non-condensing boiler?

Are you considering going to condensing boiler?

If so, there are better choices IMNSHO...

Old 02-25-13, 09:18 PM
I will probably have to go with a condensing boiler. I really like to the idea of the wall mounted boiler. It saves a lot of room in the garage. I will have to get the chimney lined for the new boiler. The hytech is a natural draft unit. I have been nursing the hytech along for a couple of weeks. Thankfully it has not been too cold in southern Virginia. The hytech boiler has a water diaphragm safety valve that I have isolated as the main problem. There is a screw on the side that you can bleed water and air off. The burner flame will be very low untill you open the screw and then the flame increases and the boiler will heat the water enough to provide enough heat to warm the baseboards. I have to do this everyday. I located Gourley Plumbing and they have the the O ring kit for the hytech. I bought the kit . Hopefully this fixes my probelm. I will keep you updated. Thanks, Bob

Old 03-15-13, 07:19 PM
Still keeping the old Hytech boiler running. I am waiting a couple of more weeks before I tear down the system. Hopefully the repair parts I have will fix it. I have received one quote to replace my boiler with a Rinai. They are expensive. around $8,000 for the job. I am also looking at a cheaper replacement in the Burnham Series 2. Bob