Oil pressure gauge procedure

Old 02-25-13, 04:28 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Oil pressure gauge procedure

Although I do all my own boiler maintenance....cleaning, nozzle/filter change, smoke test, co2, draft, etc, I can't for the like of me remember how to set up my pressure gauge! I'm definitely getting old! LOL .... I just downsized the nozzle on my Burnham V86 from 1.50 to 1.35 and according to Burnham I need to drop the pressure to 140. So, do I shut off the oil flow to the boiler and hook up the hose to the bleeder valve (using a new screw in fitting) and then open the oil valve and run the boiler? Thanks in advance for the memory jog!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-13, 05:13 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
Hike, it depends on what fuel pump you have...

hook up the hose
What "hose" are you talking about?

Old 02-27-13, 12:27 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hi...thanks for the reply. Of course I should have included all the relevant info...duh. It's a Suntec CleanCut...A2EA-6520 and the line is the short length of hose which screws onto the gauge and the fitting which Beckett wants on the bleeder port. In olden days before burners were covered by cases I would use the nozzle port. But now the back part of the case makes it a PITA to get at. As I seldom do pressure testing the procedure I used to use has slipped my memory. A quick review is all I need. Thank you again for your response.

Old 02-27-13, 01:18 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
Yes, if it's a clean-cut you can use the bleeder port for the gauge.

I don't know about the 'fitting', the gauge I use is just a 1/8" pipe nipple with a gauge on the end. Screws right into the bleeder port.