no heat in one zone- all baseboards

Old 02-25-13, 10:17 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
no heat in one zone- all baseboards

Hi there

I have a burnham seriese 2 model 204NCL LEI223 CGA 4.9.1969 boiler.

Problems: No heat out of one zone- all baseboards cold

So far
Checked thermostats- all work and valves make noise when turned up, switches in each zone make contact.
Took head of and verified that valve body turns loosely.

Gauge reads 192 degreess and at 18 psi

Question: when thermostat calls for heat and switch makes contact, how long does furnace remain on. When calling for heat it
only stayed on for a few minutes- 5 minutes. Is this normal?

Question: recirculation pump- comes on approximately every two - three minutes and stays on for 8 seconds, cycles through again

Is this normal?

4 zone system

one upstairs- 3 bedrooms
one upstairs- living room and dining room

one downstairs- west
one downstairs- east

all eat baseboards cold ( checked with infrared )

Question: if all thermostats are on shouldn't the furnace burners be on for quite a while until all pipes heat up?

Question: If i close all thermostats, and turn one one, how soon will it call for heat ( i.e. ) should the burners fire up
and stay on until temperature is reached.

Main Problem: east downstairs, pipe is cold above zone valve, all baseboards are cold?

I have included a diagram, if i need to shut down boiler in order to get water into it or reset system could you show me using hte diagram how i would do that

thanks
John andrews

Attached Images       
Old 02-26-13, 04:15 PM
NJT
Received 4 Votes on 3 Posts
Hi John,

I'm confused...

You have one zone, the "East", that is always cold...

But all the others heat properly... is that correct?

Then you start talking about the circulator coming on and off...

Does it do this for ONLY the cold zone? Or for ALL zones?

Old 02-26-13, 04:21 PM
NJT
Received 4 Votes on 3 Posts
Question: when thermostat calls for heat and switch makes contact, how long does furnace remain on. When calling for heat it only stayed on for a few minutes- 5 minutes. Is this normal?

Question: if all thermostats are on shouldn't the furnace burners be on for quite a while until all pipes heat up?

Question: If i close all thermostats, and turn one on, how soon will it call for heat ( i.e. ) should the burners fire up and stay on until temperature is reached.
The BURNER will run until the boiler water reaches the HIGH LIMIT temperature setting of the boiler control, OR the thermostat(s) is(are) satisfied and all calls for heat end.

Question: recirculation pump- comes on approximately every two - three minutes and stays on for 8 seconds, cycles through again. Is this normal?
That does not sound normal. See my question above... regarding if it does this for ALL zone heat calls, or only for the cold one.

The circulator should run continuously as long as ANY zone is calling for heat.

Old 02-26-13, 04:50 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I confused too will be at the house in 1 hour will leave the circ pump issue for now and try and get the cold zone going can you guide me about troubleshooting that zone

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: