New Aquastat Installation Update

Old 03-01-13, 06:30 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New Aquastat Installation Update

October 2012 I replaced my Honeywell control with a Fuelsmart Hydrostat 3200.
I am very pleased with the results and it has performed flawlessly. Even though it has been a lot colder than last winter I am noticing a degree in savings. This thing works exactly like an outside reset, in fact in my opinion, better. The digital temperature readout is very accurate compared to a temp. gauge. If you would like additional info on this boiler control, here is the web site. www.hydrolevel.com

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-13, 06:48 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
hydrostat

I have to second the good review of the Hydrostat 3200. I'm trying to compare my fuel consumtion, but there have been some changes in the temperature that I need to maintain in my house, as well as the weather. But at the end of the heating season, when I can total the heating degree days, I think I'll be able to make a rough estimation of savings, if any. I can say that it does seem to let the boiler maintain a much lower temperature (except during a call from the indirect HW heater). My WAG right now is roughly a 5% savings. It was easy to install. Only complication was adding a relay for the priority for the indirect, but no big problem. I didn't have any power outages this winter, so I can't say how it would work with generator power. But all in all I'm quite happy. And when I can report better on the fuel savings, I will.

Steve