Have issues with Honeywell L7224U

Old 03-05-13, 05:28 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Have issues with Honeywell L7224U

Sorry - I'm new to the forum and can't see how to start a thread of my own...

I have a L7224U and want to use the Anti Short Cycle and Thermal Purge operations. The problem is they don't show up in the setup menus - I just get HL_ (high limit), Hdf (high limit diff), LL_ (low limit), Ldf (low limit diff - if not set to off on LL_) and F-C (temp units).

The problem is that none of the other selections described in the manual are there at all, it just cycles through the above available settings. Page 7 of the manual says that the low limit LL_ must be set to off to use thermal purge, which it is, all that does is take away the Ldf setting, gives me no other options.

The manual I'm looking at is here:

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...69-1720EFS.pdf

It's an old Peerless on/off oil boiler with just a stat control input - called by a Tekmar 275 as the last boiler - emergency use is it's function. The call to the boiler looks like any other, just the TT terminals set. No DHW or outdoor reset.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-13, 06:09 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
The features you are looking for were only recently added to the control. It's very likely that your control simply does not have those capabilities.

I believe these were only available after around Sept 2012.

It's a bit of a shame to Honeywell that they don't make this fact readily available by a statement that says something like: "not all features available... blah blah blah... " or maybe they do? Check the 'fine print'.

I just looked at the PDF you linked to and I have to take back what I said about shame on them...

Look at the first page, that big box about " 2012 DOE ... "

Not fine print at all!

Old 03-06-13, 08:41 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks - I should learn to read I guess...

You'd think they would change version numbers of the control to differentiate them.