Weak baseboard heater

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-13, 07:03 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Weak baseboard heater

I have a 3ft hydronic baseboard heater in my bathroom which is about 12ftx10ft. It "works" but it definitely does not heat up the bathroom by any means. My floors are marble and they are always freezing. Getting out of the shower is excruciating because it is so cold. The baseboard heats up, I have taken the cover off and felt the pipes. They are hot but not hot enough for me to instantly pull back. The fins are not clogged at all, I vacuumed them already.I am thinking about replacing it but I was wondering what I could check before I replace it. There are no bleeder on this baseboard, its just a copper pipe in on each end and that's it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-13, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 60 Votes on 52 Posts
You probably do not have enough length in there. Do you have more wall space? If not a high output may be needed.

My 7x7 bath I believe calls for 7 ft. I only have 4 ft in there. Its all outside walled dormer so its cooler then other rooms.

Old 03-08-13, 09:19 AM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
A 10x12 bath and only 3' of baseboard?

You probably need at least 3000 BTUH of heat output for that room, and being a bath, might want even a tad more.

Three feet of baseboard is giving you about half that.

Old 03-17-13, 10:29 PM
B
My $0.00002 ,while NJ Trooper is here , if the bathroom layout is OK, you can convert baseboards to higher output radiators: Myson has affordable radiators depending on the supply temperature SX 40 90G with ~3500BTU or Myson SX 60 90G with ~5000BTU could be a good fit. Trooper is the expert though

Old 04-30-13, 03:35 PM
M
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If you are handy with a soldering torch, you could stack the fin tube ie run 2 lengths of fin parallel to each other. ***** makes custom radiator fin cabinets that fit over single, double and triple rows of fin tubes. You have to use their brackets then run the fin tube and finally snap the cover in place (prices are very reasonable). I would also recommend putting a bleed valve aat the top of the run (furthest away from flow side) so it is easy to bleed when all connected again. Min

Last edited by Shadeladie; 04-30-13 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Advertising not allowed
Closed Thread