Boiler dead

Old 03-29-13, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Boiler dead

Hi not sure what's going on but my boiler went last night. I called a repair man and he told me to turn the power off. I turned it off by switching the gas off. Well he came this morning and turned the main power off in the electrical panel and disconnected all sorts of wires. Long story short the boiler is still hot. Is this supposed to happen? I have to Waite until Monday for a new one but I'm afraid that that monster is still active.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-13, 06:21 PM
Received 7 Votes on 7 Posts
It's impossible from your story to know what happened. But boilers don't usually just go "dead," but if they quit working, it is for a specific reason, often easily correctable. I suspect that you are being "had" by the repairman to replace your boiler with a new one. What did he say the problem was and did he explain why you need a new boiler? I would put him on hold until you can get a second opinion from somebody you trust and whose references you have checked.

How did you get the name of the repairman you called?

Old 03-30-13, 07:16 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unless your gas valve is stuck open, thats the only way it will continue to heat.....but if thats the main issue thats a few hundred dollar fix instead of a few thousand to replace the whole thing. Find out what's actually wrong before your stuck with an unwanted bill.

Old 03-30-13, 08:01 PM
Received 33 Votes on 25 Posts
"...a repair man and he told me to turn the power off. I turned it off by switching the gas off."
Turning off the gas is NOT turning off the power.