Wiring peerless PF80

Old 07-01-13, 10:13 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wiring peerless PF80

I have a peerless PF80 boiler. I have 3 zones all have Honeywell 8043E zone valves. I have 2 zones that I want to run of one pump (baseboard radiator heat).
The 3rd zone (hydronic heat/pex) I want to run off its own pump.

I want to hook up a taco SR 503 relay to control the pumps. Do I need a taco zone valve control as well? If I do, how do I wire the relay and zone control together and feed it into boiler so it all runs correctly.

Thanks for you help

I have not worked with multiple pump systems before

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-13, 02:47 PM
NJT
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
No, you don't need an additional zone control panel if you have no problem with discrete wiring of the zone valves. You can use one if you wish of course.

How much is already wired? Is it an 'all new' installation?

OK, here's what you can do to run a single pump for the baseboards, and another for the radiant.

Wire the zone valves normally, but instead of connecting all THREE of the endswitches together, you only wire the endswitches from the two baseboard zones in parallel. These two zone valves endswitches would wire to ONE of the 'channels' of the 503 and it's associated pump to that same 'channel'.

The endswitch for the radiant zone would wire to the next 'channel' on the 503 and it's pump to that channel.

The endswitch ( X1 and X2 ) on the 503 panel would get wired to the boiler T T terminals.

Let me know if this makes sense...

Old 07-03-13, 06:39 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info very helpful. It was a new application.

I decided to hook up a taco zone valve control (ZVC 403-4) then tie that into a taco SR 503-4 with the two zones hooked together (end switches) to run the pump for the radiator side and hook up the radiant (PEX) side to the other pump.

It was easy and quick. The thermostats come into the zone control valve ZVC 403-4 (zone 1-3) it comes out (zone 1-3) to the zone valves. I tied 2 zone valve end switches together they go into the SR 503-4 relay (zone 1) and out to the pump for the hot water radiator side. Then the PEX side comes out of zone valve to the zone 3 SR relay and out of zone 3 to that pump.

Each unit needs power same as the boiler.

It help to look at the wiring diagrams for both unit to understand it all.

I hope this helps and isn't confusing

Taco make some nice stuff and simple to use

I appreciate your help

Old 07-03-13, 02:22 PM
NJT
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Sounds good...

You did basically the same thing that I was suggesting. If you had said you wanted to use the ZVC panel to clean up the wiring, that's exactly how I would have instructed!

Good job ! You learn quick! You get an A for this marking period!