Triangle Tube PE110 installed couple ??s

Old 05-15-13, 05:26 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Triangle Tube PE110 installed couple ??s

Just had a tt 110 installed to replace my ci smith boiler.

Couple questions
1) the system bypass, does that have to remain open? Or can I close the valve to get lower return temps so the boiler condenses more?

2) I am getting ghost flow to my system return pipes when the indirect is getting priority heat which has separate boiler connections on the tt. Do I need a check valve on the return piping? The indirect loop has an IFC taco 007 circulator.

The system bypass is next to the expansion tank and is closed in picture.
Thanks in advance

Attached Images  
Old 05-15-13, 07:11 PM
T
Well, I think we need to see a bunch more pics of your piping, as there should NOT be a system bypass. The ghost flow might be due to lack of a check valve.

Old 05-15-13, 07:18 PM
W
I will post some pictures tomorrow. The system bypass was from the old boiler. Thanks.

Old 05-16-13, 02:55 AM
W
Here are some.

Another question, since the indirect loop is separate from the main loops, do I need an air scoop on the indirect piping?
The installer did a pretty basic swap, said everything was ok to use with the TT. He was out of there in one day. Had to come back to to the odr and pipe the indirect.
Now, I am trying to dial things in. Hard to do without cold weather and a load on the system. Thanks again.

Attached Images     
Old 05-16-13, 04:22 AM
T
Pictures do not show enough detail, unfortunately.
You may need to draw out the hydronic piping for us.

Lets clarify one thing, is this a triangletube Prestige SOLO, or a Prestige Excellence ????

Old 05-16-13, 06:23 AM
W
It is a solo. Let me try to explain a little.
1) boiler supply 1 inch to expansion tank/air scoop to 1 1/4 primary pipe, from there branches off to 3 3 way mixing valves, circulator s, check valves 3/4 piping to in floor radiant heat pex tubing and the 3 baseboard loops through check valves to upstairs baseboard 3/4 inch.

2) return from heat emitters. For the 3 radiant zones, some water goes to boiler via 3/4 piping to 1 1/4 piping to 1 inc, or before going to 1 1/4 some return branches off to 3 way mixing valve and mixes with boiler water for supply to radiant.
For the baseboard water is pulled back through by circulators and back to the boiler 1 1/4 inch pipe through dirt separator reduces to 1 inch and back to the boiler.

The boiler itself has a system pump. I will try and get something drawn to post.

Attached Images  
Old 05-19-13, 03:58 PM
W
Couple more pics

Here are a couple of the near boiler piping.

Attached Images    
Old 05-21-13, 07:11 PM
T
Umm, where do I start.
I think you should get your installer back to re-examine his install while he looks at the I&O Manual.

First , that boiler has a pump in it, I do not see a primary loop.
You have mix valves that could easily leave the boiler with out enough flow, and eventually the fact that the internal pump is trying to force flow thru a restricted (due to it mixing cooler water) mix valve will cause the valves to become useless.
I see this with improper DHW recircs and mix valves not playing well together, eventually the mix valve loses.

If you can get a nice clean drawing of the near boiler piping we can direct you to make changes if your still interested... This install will leave you with issues IMHO.

Closer look, you don't have all mix valves. thats good. Mixes on the infloor ok, but you still need a hydraulic seperation point AKA primary / secondary piping.

Old 05-27-13, 05:03 AM
W
Thanks

I will get some drawings out to you and pictures too. I think I need pri/sec as well. Even with my bypass open, I am still over pumping the zones, delta T around 10 to 12*.
Wouldn't my bypass be the separation point or do I need to pipe pri/sec?

Or could I get one of these and install it under the boiler where the supply and return piping are located?
Taco-Hvac: Hydraulic Separator

Thanks again for your help.

Attached Images  
Old 06-04-13, 05:18 PM
T
I REALLY hope he has not joined the DHW inlet and system return lines together.

Old 06-05-13, 06:25 PM
W
Not sure what you mean but both return lines go into the boiler return as seen in pic. The dhw return is on top and the system return is on bottom with purge valve.

He still needs to come back to put in check valve in system return.

Attached Images  
Old 09-30-13, 11:43 AM
W
Primary secondary

Could I make the piping primary secondary at the rectangle shape of this piping. The bottom pipe is the supply and top is the return? I could just add 2 sets of closely space t's and vertical pipe there for hydrolic seperation? thanks in advance

Attached Images  
Old 10-07-13, 03:19 PM
W
Would making the pri/sec here work? Anyone?

Attached Images  
Old 11-10-13, 03:33 AM
W
Was able to make the boiler piping from direct to pri/sec.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Attached Images  

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: