white rodgers 11c15-11 settings question

Old 11-03-13, 04:44 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
white rodgers 11c15-11 settings question

Burner: Beckett burner
Boiler: Peerless
not sure if circulator/aquastat : White Rogers 11C15-11

I have a tankless water heater (coil) and it provides domestic hot water to my home. I have two zones and the square footage is about 2200.

The White Rogers 11C15-11 has a high limit setting (140-240) and a circulator setting (100-200).

I just had the burner serviced and the technician adjusted my high limit settings 140-160 to 160-180. The hot water is now noticeably warmer now.

Problem is we have had some cold nights (40 degrees at night) and the temp in the house will not go higher than 64 even though I set the thermostat to 68. I though the burner would keep firing until we reached the desired temp. It didnt and the baseboards would only be lukewarm to cold. Called technician and he said to adjust circulation settings. Presently set to 150 to 170.

What should I set the circulation to?

here is the aquastat manual
http://www.white-rodgers.com/wrdhom/.../0037-1835.pdf

Old 11-03-13, 10:09 AM
NJT
Received 4 Votes on 3 Posts
Do you know if your model has the 'adjustable differentials' or the 'fixed differentials' as shown in the PDF file?

When the baseboards are only lukewarm, what is the temperature of the boiler?

Is your circulator pump running?

Raising the temperature limits on the control should mean HOTTER baseboards. If the boiler is in fact HOT, and the burner is turning OFF when the boiler gets to the HIGH LIMIT setpoint temperature, then your problem is that something is amiss in the circulation.

Either your pump is not running, or there is an air blockage in the heat pipes.

Did the technician do anything along the lines of opening any water valves, etc?

Perhaps some pictures of your system would give us some clues... things for you to look at...

Old 11-03-13, 10:49 AM
P
@NJ trooper: thanks for replying to my thread. I have looked all over the internet and I have not seen any definitive answers to this question on the White Rodgers aqua-stat.

I have attached a pic of the aquastat controls. The differentials are adjustable.

I came home and the thermostat was set to 73 and the house was reading 71. Water temp in the boiler was at 150 and burner was off. I nudged the high limit over past 180 and 160 and the burner turned on. I moved the circulation control on the right over to 180 and 160 as well and ....

Attached Images  
Old 11-03-13, 10:55 AM
P
how would i know if the circulation pump is working?

Old 11-03-13, 11:10 AM
NJT
When the baseboards are only lukewarm, what is the temperature of the boiler?
Is your circulator pump running?
Did the technician do anything along the lines of opening any water valves, etc?

Old 11-03-13, 11:11 AM
NJT
how would i know if the circulation pump is working?
Can you hear it?

Take some more pictures... let us see the whole system so we know what you are working on.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: