Erie zone valve #0765C0008GA01

Old 11-03-13, 08:52 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Erie zone valve #0765C0008GA01

Before I attempt to change the powerhead on this valve i wanted to ask just one simple question.
Should the valve be left in the auto position or locked in the manual (open position)??
I'm assuming that the entire actuator will end up coming off the valve body when i remove the 2 screws for the powerhead

Old 11-03-13, 10:39 AM
NJT
Received 4 Votes on 3 Posts
Not sure about the ERIE valves... but the HONEYWELL (they are similar design) call for locking into manual before changing.

Nothing in the instructions?

Is that the correct model number for the valve? Seems wrong from what I know of Erie valves.

Old 11-03-13, 11:29 AM
J
That's what is printed on the cover plate. I don't see any other numbers on it except for the powerhead itself. The instructions that i could find refer to Erie poptop valves. This one is dated 12-15-93. I bought the powerheads through Amazon (no box or instructions included).

Old 11-03-13, 11:41 AM
NJT
Oh... I guess they may have been 'new old stock' that lost the boxes and instructions then...

Is it the same as the valves you have now? Is that the same number that is on the existing ones?

Old 11-03-13, 12:49 PM
J
I just purchased the powerheads and yes they are the same numbers that are currently installed in the system. This is a 2 zone system on an older Burnham boiler (need to replace soon), so i figured i would replace both powerheads at the same time. Heating contractor wanted to replace both actuators and valve bodies ($750ish) because they were not familiar with the one that are installed. The funny thing is they installed the entire system years ago. You did however sort of answer my original question about locking the valve into the manual position. Thank You for that!

Old 11-03-13, 03:36 PM
NJT
In the Erie 13GA01 valve instructions they do say to lock in manual open... so I would go with that if I were you.

Let us know how you do...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: