Diagram for Honeywell AT72D + (2)V8043E2012 +(1) Thermostat

Old 11-08-13, 11:15 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Diagram for Honeywell AT72D + (2)V8043E2012 +(1) Thermostat

Hi All,

I have a heat situation at my house where the heat runs rampant. It seems that whenever the burner calls for hot water, the heat flows max through the pipes, regardless of what the thermostat says. Even with the heat switched to the off position.

So I found 2 Honeywell V8043E2012 zone valves at the end of the loop connected to nothing. They are in the MAN position, so I'm guessing this means they are wide open. I guess this is why I'm getting heat all of the time.

My Thermostat is connected directly to the T T connections on the aquastat. Looking at this site for help, it seemed I needed a 24v transformer to use these relays. So I purchased a Honeywell AT72D from Home Depot and am looking to hook it up. This has 2 terminals, C and R. I cannot find in any diagrams on this site or elseware what to hook to what. R is marked load, so I'm assuming the R from the thermostat goes here. Anything else?

I've attached a quick MS pain of my setup. Can someone give me a few pointers? How does the C terminal come into play? do I connect yellows to it along with W from thermostat? Am I right with the red wires? and am I right with the R to R on the thermostat?

Attached Images  
Old 11-08-13, 03:36 PM
NJT
Received 4 Votes on 3 Posts
You want to run BOTH zone valves with ONE thermostat, correct?

Old 11-08-13, 04:00 PM
NJT
This is what you want to do.

Only ONE endswitch will wire to the boiler.

The endswitch from the valve with the thermostat connected will open the second valve.

When second valve is open, boiler will fire.

This arrangement keeps thermostat happier by not having to switch two zone valves.

By the way, 'polarity' is not really important. We are dealing with AC voltage and it doesn't matter which is which. That's why both wires are yellow, and both wires are red...

DO run the wire from the transformer to the "R" terminal on the thermostat. It probably doesn't matter either, but it's sort of the 'standard'.

Old 11-11-13, 09:07 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your help NJ Trooper. This is exactly what I needed.

I hooked it up this way and everything seems to be working flawlessly now.

Thanks again.

Old 11-11-13, 04:11 PM
NJT
You're welcome! Thanks for stopping back and letting us know it's all good.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: