Arcoliner Wo154T baffel plate replacement

Old 11-18-13, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Arcoliner Wo154T baffel plate replacement

I have read that you can replace the old plates with short lenths of 1 1/2" pipe to restrict the rate that the hot gasses leaving the combustion chamber. A simple sketch would help. Would two 9" x 16" plates of 3/16" SS hold up in that heat without distorting. I am running a carlin 100 crd witha 60 degree 1.0GPH SS. Ihave 4' of 8" pipe that runs over to my chimney where do I place the fire brick that others have talked about to also hold the heat in the boiler. Thank you for your help on this.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-13, 06:27 AM
Something like this
Name:  boilerinside.jpg
Views: 915
Size:  31.5 KB

Just remember it will change your draft so your boiler combustion settings will have to be fine tuned.

As far as the baffle plate I cut a piece of metal out from a scrap building support beam. I think it was about 1/4 inch thick (MIN). It has held up well for 4 or 5 yrs now. But yes it was basically a flat piece of metal. If I get a chance I will snap a picture. I already had the picture above on my computer.

Old 11-19-13, 09:39 AM
Thank you !

I knew that I was pushing it with the 3/16" SS plate but I thought it wouldn't see more than 900 degrees at that point in the chamber. The 16" lenth is bound to sag in time.

Old 11-19-13, 11:49 AM
Freddy, as far as the plate. I am not saying what you have will or will not work. Just saying what I used. Now that I think of it, the original plate was thinner than my plate now. But I had the same concerns as you with the heat warping it.

If your boiler is the same as mine you will have to cut a notch on one side of the plate in order to install and remove it. I also added a bolt to the plate as a safety stop. Basically to stop the plate from walking from vibration.

I will try to add a picture in near future. So check back.

Old 11-21-13, 06:12 AM
Name:  boiler plate.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  41.7 KB
Name:  plate cut.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  22.7 KB
Here is a view of plate. Make sure you cut that window out to fit over that shelf attached to boiler. That is how you get it in and out because you have to tilt the plate. Then added a stop bolt to other side.

My plate is 1/4 steel and about 14.75 " by 8.5". But I think mine is a slightly different model. So you will have to measure. Hope this helps Ya.

Good Luck!!

Last edited by mikeevan; 11-21-13 at 06:40 AM.