zone valves

Old 11-27-13, 05:35 AM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
zone valves

I am adding to my heating system for an addition that I am building on my house. I have an outdoor wood boiler and one circulater pump that needs to run constant. It will be an addition of 2 zones with a couple more in the future, my question is I'm not sure if its better to use zone valves or additional pumps. I've been told to use zone valves but don't quite understand them. If you have a constant loop will that loop need to be closed when a zone is open to force the water through that zone? Thank you

Old 11-28-13, 08:20 AM
NJT
Received 4 Votes on 3 Posts
I'm not sure if its better to use zone valves or additional pumps
Ford vs Chevy debate.

There's pros and cons to either approach.

If you have a constant loop will that loop need to be closed when a zone is open to force the water through that zone?
I don't understand your question.

Your wood boiler needs to constantly circulate and dump the heat to somewhere whenever there is a fire burning.

Typically, the wood boiler pumps through the existing indoor boiler keeping it hot.

The existing heat distribution system in the home is utilized to move the heat from the indoor boiler (which is heated by the wood boiler through a HEAT EXCHANGER) into the home.

You would need to tell us lots more about your setup in order for us to help much more than this.

A piping diagram would be helpful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: