Help - Electro Mini Boiler EMB-S-7 w/ Argo ARM-4P Circulator Relay

Old 12-01-13, 07:14 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help - Electro Mini Boiler EMB-S-7 w/ Argo ARM-4P Circulator Relay

Hello, I purchased Electro Mini Boiler - EMB-S-7 to replace an existing boiler because it was too low in BTU. The existing boiler used Argo ARM-4P circulator relay. I need a help with the wiring the two system. I am absolute beginner about this. I do not even know which wire to buy to extend the W and R wires. From reading the wiring diagram and reviewing the system several times, I assume W is wite and R is green. Other than that I did not make any progress. I have Honeywell thermal controller. The WR was directly connected to Argo, but the new boiler has its own acceptor for W R wires.

Argo Manual can be found here: http://www.ecrinternational.com/secu...ument/1547.pdf

Electro Mini Boiler Manual can be found here:
http://www.houseneeds.com/upload/pdf...ilermanual.pdf

Any help is truly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-13, 08:42 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
I am absolute beginner about this.
This statement makes me VERY NERVOUS for your safety and ability to complete this job safely and without damaging the new boiler.

... I have to say that this isn't something I would jump right into as a rank newbie ...

Are you even going to be able to solder the pipes?

I do not even know which wire to buy to extend the W and R wires.
Typically (W)HITE and (R)ED wires are used for thermostat wiring, but it's not a hard fast rule. The original installers could have used different colors.

I believe that you are talking about the THERMOSTAT WIRING ? In this case, you will be using THERMOSTAT WIRE which is available at HD or Lowes. Comes in 2, 3, 4, 5 and more conductors.

In the Argo, the X X ISOLATED SWITCH will be wired to the thermostat input on the boiler.

You do understand that this unit runs on 240VAC power and that you CAN BE KILLED INSTANTLY if you come into contact with that, CORRECT?

I wish you luck my friend!

If you feel as though you are 'in over your head' at any time, PLEASE STOP! and consult a TRAINED PROFESSIONAL! This is not something that I feel confident we can train you to do on the forum.