Are my cycle times too short?

Old 01-19-14, 10:27 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Trooper,
In post #65, you noted:
As far as that goes, the drains on the two zones to the right with no ball valves under them are pretty much useless...
Question: how did the plumber purge these lines during the install? Knowing the plumber and his work, I'm surprised that he put in ball valves for one zone, but not for the other two. Weird.

Old 05-10-14, 05:53 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Well, I gave up tinkering with the unit. I spoke with a Beckett tech rep, and I think I'm as "tuned" as I can get for now.

Anyway, now that it's summer, I'm only heating DWH - basically for two showers/day, a dishwasher every couple of days, misc manual dishwashing, etc. Does it make any sense to lower the hi temp limit for the summer? I ask because I think the Aquasmart may be overshooting the dynamic hi temp limit, then sitting there "hot" after the DWH demand ceases. I know that the DWH is only going to take what it needs, and cooler boiler water means longer recovery times (which is ok with me for just DHW). I'm concerned about the hot boiler after the DWH has recovered. Am I overthinking this? tnx.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: