In Need of some advice

Old 12-18-13, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
In Need of some advice

I have a Dunkirk Boiler at home, it was set up for two Zones, unfortunately during the summer we had some remodeling work done and the one zone is not even connected and not sure if the other one was even done correct. I have attached some pics for reference any help will be appreciated, I have read some previous forums but was confused because the wire that comes from the transformer at my house does not go to the thermostat it goes in to the item on the last picture posted.

Attached Images    
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-13, 08:48 PM
here are the last two pictures, as I stated I have never messed with a furnace before although I am comfortable working with electric, any help would be appreciated

Attached Images   
Old 12-18-13, 09:47 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
Hi OTG,

Glad to help if we can...

Not enough info here to really go on though.

Tell us what the problem seems to be.

You said one zone is not connected, so obviously that one isn't working at all.

Is the other zone working?

If we are going to be able to help, you are going to have to be able to accurately describe all of the wiring... what it goes to, etc.

Start by sliding the cover off that box in the last pic and let us see what's in there.

WARNING! 120 VAC EXPOSED INSIDE THAT BOX! TURN POWER TO THE BOILER OFF BEFORE OPENING! YOU CAN BE KILLED!

Old 12-19-13, 09:42 PM
Ok I will try to explain as best as possible. their are 2 wires coming from the transformer a red and a white one, red is not connected to anything, white one is connected to a red wire that goes in to thermostat for the bedrooms,

the white wire that comes from where that thermostat is suppose to be is connected the second zone relay which is the one on the right (picture 4 and picture B showing it with out the cover) mind you the thermostat is not installed it was misplaced during construction)

the red and the white wires that are coming from that relay and directly connected to the relay on the left side of picture 4 which is the relay that controls the heat for living room etc.

Now the two wires that come from the living room thermostat are connected to the item (picture 6 and picture AA with out the cover on) Hope this helps

Attached Images   
Old 12-19-13, 09:48 PM
that last part where the livingroom stat is connected to is an Aquastat Relay Type L8148E

Attached Images