Buderus GB-142 with Zone not responding

Old 01-03-14, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Buderus GB-142 with Zone not responding

I have a Gas Fired Buderus GB-142 that stopped working overnight last night (very cold night). The DHW is working and both the DWH and Space Heat is showing as firing at the boiler, but one of the two zones is not working at all (cold baseboard on first floor) and the other is not working well (luke warm baseboard on second floor). The error message on the buderus was H7, which indicates low pressure in the system. To troubleshoot I've used the watt pressure valve to increase pressure from what was a low of 10psi up to 20psi, cut power to the system in its entirety and restored it, and googled unsuccesfully for most of the day. Both zone's thermostats are calling for heat with mixed but equally insufficient results. The Taco SR504 switching relays shows a green LED for power and two red LED's for zones 1 & 2. Is there any recommended troubleshooting to see the baseboard work...very worried about pipes freezing even though I have a pellet stove (completely independent) working to keep the house warm.
Thanks beforehand,
Patrick

Attached Images    
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-14, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
buderus gb142

I have been working on two Buderus 142 that were not supply enough heat to keep building warm so I have the books in front of me .The p17 is telling you the water pressure is 17psi. The H7, heating pressure too low. Do you have the out door reset in operation and set up properly ? When the green light under the DHW is lit the boiler stops heating the rooms until DHW is satisfied . The light under the heating dial lights up if there is a heat demand , boiler pump runs and system pump runs and when water temperatures in boiler is cold enough the flame light comes on and burner lights to heat the water.