beckett aquasmart not working, new boiler

Old 01-10-14, 09:06 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool beckett aquasmart not working, new boiler

I installed a new boiler, a peerless pscii NG unit. running a Taco 3 circulator controller with two zones. I know all wiring is complete and correct. Problem is this: the Beckett aquasmart unit, (preinstalled) on the boiler new, is not showing anything on display. Power confirmed to the unit. all piping is purged, boiler is full of water. No life though. No obvious fuses in the unit. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-14, 09:23 AM
NJT
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Any ideas?
Seek warranty parts replacement from supplier of boiler.

Old 01-14-14, 06:25 AM
The beckett aquastat was wired wrong...pump in line?

I found wiring diagram (added insert) as to the factory installed aquasmart module. The wiring was not correct. I took supply line off of terminals and wired it accoding to diagram, it worked. You would think the factory would know how to istall the third party module.

I installed two zones, have two pumps, however found out that the inline pump on the boiler pre-installed needed to be NOT hooked up or else both zones would be circulating together. My question now is this....Is it a bad thing to keep a pump not hooked up, inline? I can put in a union and nipples instead and remove it, or leave it for a rainy day as a backup to the system to run full parallel if needed. Is that ok?

Old 01-14-14, 06:40 AM
NJT
I installed two zones, have two pumps, however found out that the inline pump on the boiler pre-installed needed to be NOT hooked up or else both zones would be circulating together. My question now is this....Is it a bad thing to keep a pump not hooked up, inline? I can put in a union and nipples instead and remove it, or leave it for a rainy day as a backup to the system to run full parallel if needed. Is that ok?
I think we need to see an 'as - built' piping diagram of your system to make sure it's been done correctly.

Along with this, and I can't do this now, is we need to look at the manual for your boiler.

Old 01-14-14, 09:46 AM
system diagram

had main circulator on return. I put in two pumps on send. With the main circulator firing on TT demad and the selected zone pump as well, caused both zones to circulate. Now with return pump deactivated, works as should independant zones.

Attached Images  
Old 01-14-14, 10:01 AM
NJT
I found wiring diagram (added insert) as to the factory installed aquasmart module. The wiring was not correct. I took supply line off of terminals and wired it accoding to diagram, it worked. You would think the factory would know how to istall the third party module.
This makes me a little nervous... I'm SURE the boiler was tested before it left the factory.

The AC supply line coming in would have been wired by you to terminals L1 and L2 on the AquaSmart control.

There should have been another pair of black and white wires on the L1 and L2 terminals which should have run to the 'blower relay', and to the blower motor.

Please explain in detail what you found, and what you had to do to correct the problem. I want to make sure you are safe.

I believe that the 'extra' pump you are talking about was supplied with the boiler?

That should have been removed if your zones are being pumped with circulators, as opposed to if you were using electric zone valves.

I don't think it's a good idea to just disconnect the pump, even though it will work. The extra restriction that the pump places in the water flow is to be avoided. I would remove the pump if I were you.

Old 01-14-14, 10:30 AM
Wiring

In the crate from the factory, the supply 120 line was connected to the C1 and C 2. The blower was connected to the L1 and L 2 as it should have . That was the problem. Wired incorrectly from factory, and why the aquastat would not even light up the display. According to the supplementary wiring diagram I disconnected the supply line and put it with the blower on L1& L2. The aquastat supply in shielded metal jacket was preinstalled. I plan on taking the supplied disconnected pump out of circuit in the spring and replacing with a union. Then should be all good. 😃

Old 01-14-14, 12:39 PM
NJT
the supply 120 line was connected to the C1 and C 2.
Yikes! So I guess they DON'T test 100% then!

Must have been made on a Monday.

Good Luck with the new system!