Taco SR506 indirect water heater zone (6) not functioning properly

Old 02-17-14, 06:22 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Taco SR506 indirect water heater zone (6) not functioning properly

Hello seeking some advice... I've got a TACO six zone SR506. My zone with my indirect water heater (superstore) is having issues. In essence the tank water gets cold after normal use and the zone is not activating the circulator. The other five heating zones are working perfectly. Here is what I can tell: (1) When calling for heat, the zone 6 red LED either does NOT come on OR comes on DIMLY while the other zones are working fine with bright and normally responsive red LEDs; (2) I replaced the thermostat on the superstore; (3) The problem is intermittent, but becoming more regular; (4) When the system works - the zone 6 circulator and its circuit seems to works fine

The Taco unit has been in use since 2006 and I've never replaced any of the eight relay plus. This zone issue is occurring when the override is either on (normal for us) or off. Any help is appreciated. THANKS Steve

Last edited by rothnh; 02-17-14 at 07:12 PM. Reason: clarification
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-14, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator
Received 10 Votes on 8 Posts
Moved to own thread...........

Welcome and standby for assistance..............

Old 02-17-14, 06:41 PM
NJT
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
This zone issue is occurring when the override is either on (normal for us) or off
Steve, do you mean PRIORITY switch?

What happens if you disconnect the wires from the superstore to the thermostat input and place a JUMPER across the thermostat input on zone 6 ? If it works normally then you know the problem is not in the Taco panel.

If the problem remains, try swapping two of the relays. Make a mark on the one that's in zone 6 now so that you don't lose track of which is which.

If the problem follows the relay, replace it.

Just some ideas for logically isolating the problem...