Replacing a boiler relay

Old 03-20-14, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Replacing a boiler relay

Hi, I'm trying to replace a relay in my home boiler, but I can't find the same model - and I'm not clear on which factors matter in replacing it.

I've found items with similar specs online - but they all look different enough that I'm wary of picking the wrong one.

A picture of the dead relay with specs is attached.

Any advice?

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-14, 02:05 PM
NJT
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
You should probably tell us the make/model of the boiler... if this relay is part of the boiler itself, or if it is a relay from some external piece of control equipment.

Why are you replacing the relay? In other words, what testing has led you to this conclusion?

That said, this is probably the exact replacement:

G2R-1-S-DC24S Omron Automation and Safety | Mouser

Old 03-20-14, 03:07 PM
Make/Model: Peerless WB-110-WPCT
This was a relay in the control panel, was what I was told.
The boiler repairman came over and during the standard maintenance on the boiler, told us we needed to replace this relay and told us he'd check his stock - then later came back and said it was out of stock with his suppliers, but helpfully offered to replace our entire boiler controller instead.
So we're trying to find one ourselves.

Old 03-20-14, 03:42 PM
NJT
Are you sure the boiler is not a WB V ? Please check that you've given accurate model number.

The boiler repairman came over and during the standard maintenance on the boiler, told us we needed to replace this relay
So what you are saying is that you had no problem with the heating system... and you called for the routine annual service... and lo and behold, all of a sudden there's a problem with one of the electrical components?

What also strikes me as odd about this is that the relay you've pictured has a DC (direct current) coil in it, and that the huge, huge majority, almost without exception, use AC (alternating current) relays.

Makes me wonder if he even gave you back the correct relay?

Do you know where that relay came from? What part he unplugged it from? Can you take a picture of that please and show us?

Old 03-20-14, 03:49 PM
We were having trouble with the boiler cutting off and the red button popping out often - but it was about the same time as the annual service was due anyways.

And no, WB is what's printed as the "Boiler No." on the boiler itself (on the front and side so its not a misprint). Not WBV.

I'll see about getting that picture.

Old 03-20-14, 03:53 PM
NJT
Well... I can pretty much tell you that that relay is not a part of the boiler, and most likely has nothing to do with the reset button popping... but maybe I'll change my mind when I see where it came from.

On the boiler there is a 'dataplate' with the model number. Is that where you got the model number from? I believe that the full model number is going to be WBV-03-110-WPCT ... please double check because I don't want to tell you wrong info.

Old 03-20-14, 04:18 PM
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Tg&usp=sharing

This folder contains the boiler tag, the controller tag, and a picture of inside the controller - the black-charred one on top is the one we were told to replace.

Old 03-20-14, 04:50 PM
NJT
OK, you didn't tell us the part was black and charred...

I can't see any black or charring because of the flash flare, but if you say it is then I'll believe you.

If that's the relay that came out, and you wanna pick one up and try it, you'll be out $4 + shipping, so why not.