Short Height Hot Water Baseboard Covers

Old 03-23-14, 02:53 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Short Height Hot Water Baseboard Covers

Is anyone familiar with a short height (less than 6 inches) hot water baseboard system or covers? I have an existing ~3 foot standalone baseboard section that I want to put a piece of furniture over. It's kind of a useless piece of baseboard and I could just remove it, but the easiest fix would be to just replace the baseboard cover with something low profile. The baseboard itself is a standard fin unit. The fins themselves are probably about 3 inches off of the floor surface and the existing cover system is about 8 inches tall by 2.5" deep. I could just put the furniture in front of it but it will look awkward sitting in front of it. If I get the baseboard cover to <6 inches the furniture legs will actually be higher than the baseboard.

I imagine I could just build some sort of custom cover if needed for this small section.

Thx -
Les

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-14, 04:05 PM
Received 11 Votes on 11 Posts
Guitar Man,
I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do but if you Google baseboard heater covers, it gives you some options.
Hope this helps.

Good Luck,

Old 03-23-14, 06:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks Spott. Short answer is I'm trying to change the height of my existing baseboard cover from 8" high to less than 6" high (preferably ~5"). I've Googled and didn't have much luck. Everything I've seen was >7" but I find it hard to believe that someone doesn't make a "short height" cover.