Got a leak - old hot water heating baseboard


Old 05-31-14, 12:54 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Got a leak - old hot water heating baseboard

Can you identify this part? Is it a air release valve? It is cracked on the bottom. Where can i buy it?
Thank you.
Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-14, 09:18 AM
NJT's Avatar
NJT is offline
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 23,539
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
Where was this part located in the system?

If I had to guess ( and I do ! ) I would say that it looks more like a water hammer arrestor.

I wonder why the flare fitting? Not necessary for water.
Old 06-03-14, 05:41 PM
poorplmbr's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: long island ,new york
Posts: 308
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
And a compression fitting on the bottom? 35 plus years inna bizness and I've never seen that thang.
Old 11-04-15, 06:26 AM
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: usa
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It is an air bleeder valve. The missing part on the flare fitting was a cap with holes drilled in the sides for manual air bleeding. The unit was installed with the accumulator horizontal as shown in the picture. Air accumulating in the body could be bled by loosening the cap on top. You can remove the compression fitting on the baseboard, install a bushing and 1/8" coin vent.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: