Radiant Heat - Zone Control

Old 06-17-14, 07:27 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Radiant Heat - Zone Control

My first post here, but I have a feeling I am going to have many questions.

I am building a 24 x 44 garage that includes a 12 x 10 office area. I have a total of 5 pex circuits: 1 zone with 1 circuit for the office area, and another zone that will use the other 4 circuits for the workshop area.

I am trying to figure out how to handle the zoning. The way I see things I have two good options: use a 5 branch manifold with telestats, OR use two zone valves where one would control the office (no manifold), and another would control a 4 circuit manifold.

Any advice which might be better way to go?

If I use telestats, (I suspect I need 5, one for each circuit), do I need a Zone Control board that supports 5 zones so that I can combine the circuits logically? Or would 4 of the circuits get physically wired to one zone on the control board?

If it matters, I am going to use a Navien NCB180 as my heat source.

Old 06-17-14, 07:04 PM
NJT
Received 4 Votes on 3 Posts
I don't see the point in using telestats on each circuit if you are only running two zones.

Put a single zone valve on the manifold. Cheaper, simpler, less bits to break down.

Old 06-18-14, 07:02 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
So, I should use a 4 zone manifold with a zone valve to handle the workshop area, and a single zone valve with no manifold to handle the office area (1 circuit)?

Old 06-19-14, 05:48 AM
NJT
Received 4 Votes on 3 Posts
That would be my approach....................

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: