Trying to connect Taco SR503-4 to Boiler with L4081A Aquastat

Old 06-25-14, 05:15 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Trying to connect Taco SR503-4 to Boiler with L4081A Aquastat

Hi

I have purchased a SR503-4 Taco Relay to make my life easier for redoing my boiler configuration. I am having a bit of trouble figuring out how to hook it up. The circulators and the thermostats won't be an issue but the rest is.

The new setup is a primarly loop with boiler and it's circulator. The second loop is the 3 circulators and their zones.

I currently have:
-3 zones-each with a circulator and it's thermostat(two for infloor heating and one for hotwater tank)
-Allied Super Hot Boiler has its own circulator-runs 24/7 and I am happy to keep it that way as the boiler is old and probably fragile at this point.(poly-b infloor lines and lack of good rust inhibitors from previous owner). I didn't want to push my luck and try to do a cold start.

Allied Super Hot Boiler uses a L4081A aquastat and V804 gas valve

With this configuration I have no TT or ZC or ZR terminals except on the SR503-4 which has spots to connect them.

At this time the boiler may not be wired as it was originally was from the initial install as there has been quite a few changes over the years.

SR503-4
http://s3.supplyhouse.com/manuals/13..._PROD_FILE.pdf

V804 Gas Valve
Gas Valve V804 Photo by tparsons7 | Photobucket

L4081A Aquastat
L4081A Aquastat Photo by tparsons7 | Photobucket

Transformer
Transformer Photo by tparsons7 | Photobucket

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Todd

Old 06-25-14, 09:46 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Here is some additional info

Here is a wiring diagram I found for this older model of boiler. Please ignore the hand writing on it.

Allied Super Hot Boiler Wiring Diagram Photo by tparsons7 | Photobucket

The V804 gas valve only has TH, TR and TR/TH terminals.

There is also a High/low limit Aquastat, on the primary loop from the boiler. I am not sure why it is here. Aquastat Type L4006A.

Aquastat Photo by tparsons7 | Photobucket

The wiring from the High/low limit Aquastat comes into the boiler on the bottom right of the picture - the white cased wire.

Wiring From Aquastat Photo by tparsons7 | Photobucket

Also the hot water tank uses another L4006A High/low limit Aquastat to keep the water temperature set. This has not been hooked up but I thought maybe I could run it into the SR-503-4 as a thermostat to control the hot water tanks' circulator. Up to now the water in the hot water tank has been at boiler temperature.

Todd

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: