Kerr Titan 101-t wood boiler help

Old 08-24-14, 04:39 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kerr Titan 101-t wood boiler help

Hello all. I recently purchased a used wood boiler Kerr titan 101t. I am looking for a manual or installation help. My house is piped with baseboard heating which I have not used as I have heated with a wood stove for the past 7 years. I'm looking to set this unit up for heat only not domestic. I have found manuals for similar kerr models (tw2000) however they are different. Piping and wiring diagrams I think would put me on the right track. Any. Help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-14, 03:42 PM
NJT
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Have you looked for a contact for the manufacturer and written them for a manual?

Old 08-24-14, 06:27 PM
Yes I contacted a Canadian phone number I found researching for kerr. He said he could get the tw2000 manual but had nothing on the 101-t. Mine has domestic piping. The wiring has been altered from what I believe it came factory, I. Believe this is due to the add on domestic . I have contacted people selling the same model but they no longer have the manual.

Old 08-25-14, 05:25 PM
NJT
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Sort of incredulous that the manufacturer doesn't even have manuals available. I'd say the guy just didn't want to look, and didn't really care.

There are several different ways to pipe a wood boiler into an existing heating system.

If not done properly it can be DANGEROUS in some cases... such as a power failure situation. Provisions need to be made to protect against this. One way is to have a 'fail-safe dump zone' for the heat that builds up when the pumps stop.

Does your boiler have a control that opens and closes an air damper?

I would start by studying all the information you can find on installing a wood boiler. Study and understand all the diagrams and information you can find from all the manufacturers.

You need to know a lot of information to do this in a safe manner.

Old 08-26-14, 03:32 AM
So I was able to get ahold of parsboro manufacturing in Canada (or the company that took them over)they manufactured the boiler for Kerr. One of their employees was able to get me a copy of the original manual. He emailed it to me yesterday. I appreciate you checking into this for me. I will post an update when I get it all hooked up. It does have a domestic coil which I am thinking of piping to my existing hot water heater just to save a little during the winter months so the heater does not have to run as often.