Honeywell S9361a ODR

Old 09-18-14, 12:19 PM
Honeywell S9361a ODR

I have a Crown Aruba 4 boiler that was installed last year. It uses a Honeywell S9361a integrated boiler control. While looking over Honeywell's website I found that they have an ODR module that they say works with S93 boiler controls, link below. I picked one up and installed it but no extended parameters come up and it does not change the high limit. Is it possible that I have an older controller with older firmware that does not support the ODR? I talked with a Crown tech guy and he was sure I needed their OC panel, don't know that Honeywell part number. I also tried to talk with Honeywell but that lead no where because I'm a home owner.

https://customer.honeywell.com/en-US...d=W8735S1000/U

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-14, 03:59 PM
NJT
Is it possible that I have an older controller with older firmware that does not support the ODR?
Knowing how badly Honeywell mismanages their firmware control I would say that's a distinct probability.

Just looking over the 2011 version of the install sheet for the 9361 and see no mention of the ODR module.

How old is your system?

Old 09-18-14, 04:04 PM
NJT
That HW webpage you linked to says this:

Compatible with Outdoor Reset-Ready L7224/L7248 Aquastat®s, S93 Integrated Boiler Controls,
I think the keywords here are "Outdoor Reset-Ready..."

I do know for a fact that the module will NOT work with older 7224s, so there are absolutely revisions that are NOT "reset-ready". I have not found a way to query the controls to determine a 'revision number', nor have I ever seen any documentation from HW that says what will work with what revision, etc.

You might have the paddle, but not the canoe.

Old 09-18-14, 04:18 PM
NJT
This revision of the manual mentions the outdoor reset modules:

https://customer.honeywell.com/resou...0s/66-1203.pdf

But all previous ones do not.

So, I suspect that they 'cut in' the new firmware with models produced mid-late 2012.

Old 09-18-14, 05:16 PM
I just bought the house and the previous owner had it installed last August IIRC, I have the paperwork. Looking at the boiler sticker it does have CSA 2010 so looks like I either need a new controller or forget the ODR. Kinda stinks that it was three years old at install. Do you think the ODR is worth it?