Both my zones aren't working.

Old 10-05-14, 05:12 PM
Both my zones aren't working.

How is everyone? 1st post. Long time lurker. Lots of info on this forum. I've been searching the web and this site for some answers about my situation. I've gotten a few, but I still need help and advice.
I have a Peerless Boiler, along with a Honeywell L8148E aquastat, a TACO SR502, and a Tekmar 260 DHW. Boiler will not fire up when I switch on thermostats.
I have 120 vAC at the L terminals of the aquastat. When I jump the TV and V on the Aquastat, the relay clicks but boiler does not fire up. It does fire up however when hot water is needed.
I did, in a moment of desperation swap out the SR502 for the newer sr502-4. As I didnt have 120 VAC at the input of the old unit. Unfortunately, when I turned power back on, the sr502-4's relays clicked on and off and i was getting wild voltage swings(below 120 vac) at the input. I have since put back the original sr502. Problem still remains.
Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-14, 06:33 AM
Can someone lead me in the right direction?

Old 10-06-14, 07:48 AM
NJT
Hi Johnny, I hope that someone can... but you must realize that we are all volunteers here and answer when we have the time to do so.

Right now I do not have the time to do so... If nobody has replied by this evening I will see if I can make sense of what you have written.

Old 10-06-14, 07:51 AM
NJT
OK, I lied... I do have a little bit of time... and want to ask this:

and a Tekmar 260 DHW. Boiler will not fire up when I switch on thermostats.
DHW? did you mean " ODR " ? The 260 is not a 'DHW' device... it is an ODR (OutDoor Reset).

Are you sure that the 260 is not in WWSD (Warm Weather Shut Down) mode?

Old 10-06-14, 09:14 AM
Thanks for responding. How do I check for wwsd?

Old 10-06-14, 09:22 AM
One thing I neglected to mention in my original post was that I I shut the boiler down and drained the boiler. I had repair a leak in zone one. My apologies for omiting that.

Old 10-06-14, 12:42 PM
NJT
when I turned power back on, the sr502-4's relays clicked on and off and i was getting wild voltage swings(below 120 vac) at the input
To me, this sounds like an issue with a wiring error.

How do I check for wwsd?
I believe that there will be an icon on the screen of the 260 that indicates WWSD.

drained the boiler
Do you by chance have a LWCO (Low Water Cut Off) on your boiler? If you did not get all of the air out it's possible this could cause an issue.