radiator problem urgent help

Old 10-07-14, 06:17 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
radiator problem urgent help

A few days ago my radiator fell from the wall disconnecting the left pipe from the radiator.

When i fill the boiler water pours out from the pipe. I have tried reconnecting with a spanner to some success however water still leaks and when pulled the pipe disconnects. How do i firmly reconnect this pipe so that water doesn't pour out.

There is a washer that sits on the pipe before connecting to the radiator as the pipe fell it isnt perfectly circular anymore and was bent back before i used a spanner to put it back into place.

The main problem is firmly securing the pipe to prevent a leak How do i do this?

Thank You

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-14, 06:56 AM
NJT
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
It sounds like you are talking about a 'compression' type of connection but without seeing it is will be difficult to provide advice.

Can you take pictures?

You are in the UK, are you not?

Old 10-07-14, 10:50 AM
This isnt my radiator but looks exactly like as i cant produce a picture.

The valve at the top of the pipe isnt on mines instead a thermostat sticks out to the side.

Basically the pipe goes into the floor and connects into the radiator.

A washer sits on top of the pipe and i am able to screw it into the radiator with screw nut which connects to the radiator,however water leaks and when pulled the pipe is removed easily despite it screwed on as tightly as it can go

Attached Images  
Old 10-07-14, 11:33 AM
The only problem ihave is this. Does the washer sit on the pipe or does the pipe have to be fed through the washer before being screwed on.

The main problem that the pipe tightly screwed on but still comes loose and leaks water