No heat Burnham boiler problem with flame roll out or vent blocked switch

Old 10-07-14, 06:59 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No heat Burnham boiler problem with flame roll out or vent blocked switch

Hi,

Started having issues with heat yesterday, the boiler will not fire up when a call is made for heat. I "fiddled" around looking for something wrong. I took one of the wires going to the flame roll out switch off, and then put it back. Within 2 seconds the boiler fired up. The boiler fired up a number of times over the next couple of hours keeping the water warm while there was still a call for heat. I had to repeat this twice more to get through the night because I think what ever I "reset" by breaking the series goes back to its error state once there is no longer a call for heat. The flame roll out switch is a single use switch, and doesn't looked tripped (image attached).

This flame roll out is wired in series with the vent blocked switch. Can anyone tell me if what I did prove its the flame roll out switch itself that's bad? Or could it still be something else: vent blocked switch or even the controller itself? Both switches look easy enough for a DIYer to replace, I just don't know which one it might be.

In case it matters, its a Burnham P-206A-WNM of 1989 vintage.

thanks,
Jab

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-14, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
measure resistance across the flame roll out switch. (leads disconnected)
Chances are you have an issue with your vent damper end switch.
By removing and then reconnecting the lead, you got the vent damper to close then open again and it made the switch.