Make your own Boiler Neutralizer Assembly

Old 10-28-14, 05:36 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Make your own Boiler Neutralizer Assembly

I know this is a really old thread,

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/bo...-assembly.html

but wondered if you still have your photos. They are no longer on the ImageShack website. Can you repost the pictures or private message them to me ?

Last edited by lawrosa; 10-29-14 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-28-14, 05:45 PM
NJT
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
He hasn't been back in over 2 years. Probably won't get an answer.

Try PM'ing him.

Old 10-29-14, 04:31 AM
T
Neutralizers are pretty easy to find and cheap these days.
No need to make your own, not worth the time / money

Old 10-29-14, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and PM'd Gas2Oil. I know there are neutralizers out there, but I did not want to run to the floor drain as I think I would trip on it going to the house vacuum! :-)

As an option, I have the "drip" pipe for the floor drain stuck out through the wall and wanted to run the condensate fluid into that wall pipe so that the condensate drain pipe stays at the wall and not on the floor.

I am seriously thinking of using a 5 gallon bucket with appropriate agents and pump to neutralize the condensate (e.g. lime or marble). I would poke a barb near the top and run into my wall drain. And I could keep the entire bucket near the boiler (between boiler and indirect water tank - out of the way).

I only have a height difference between the floor standing boiler drain and the wall drain of about 5 or 6 inches. This doesn't allow much room for "gravity" feed into a neutralizer and then into my wall drain. Thinking about what might work best, so looking at anything I can find to make something work.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: