Heat in basement zone, not turned on

Old 11-19-14, 06:13 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Heat in basement zone, not turned on

My basement is a balmy 70 degrees. Sounds nice right! Well... The zone is not turned on and the minimum temp it should kick on at is about 55. I put the voltmeter across the connections and get zero volts as I would expect. So somehow the valve seems to be stuck open. I did bleed air from this zone and wonder how likely it is that some crud lodged in there and kept it open? If this is not plausible, I'm open to suggestions? Also one more tidbit. I turned the zone on, hear a noise at the zone valve, then measure good voltage across the connections. This is also expected, I think. Right now I'm thinking my only course of action is take apart, remove any crud, and put together. It's freezing out though and I would rather not go through this. Suggestions????? Thanks!!

Old 11-19-14, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator
Received 62 Votes on 54 Posts
What is the make and model of zone valve? May be able to replace the head only...

Old 11-20-14, 10:22 AM
D
I have those goofy DC zone valves which I thought were working finally ( I tested and all seemed well...) Somewhat late last night the zone magically closed somehow. I did some tapping on the valve in hopes I could dislodge what I thought may be stuck. I also removed wires, turned on and off at different zones. Something finally let it go. I really want to try and figure the source of this out as I expect it to happen again. If this was a honey well or taco zone valve, what do you mean replace the head only?

Thanks.

Old 11-20-14, 05:44 PM
S
I know on my taco zone valves the heads just twist off and replace in a matter of seconds. It still would not fix an actual valve that had crud in it though.

Old 11-20-14, 05:50 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
Here's Dan's thread on his goofy DC zone valves.

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/bo...-controls.html

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: