Jensen 24B Wood & Coal Boiler

Old 01-06-15, 05:25 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Jensen 24B Wood & Coal Boiler

Hi, I just purchased a Jensen 24B wood boiler. A new owner purchased a home with the boiler disconnected and sitting in center of basement. I have no manuals or anything else with it. My plan is to enclose unit in a metal skin, set on concrete pad, run Pex pipe underground and into my crawlspace. Purchase and install a water to air heat exchanger in a metal duct box with a large fan, Then connect this to my central air trunk , which is also under my house. I have a self contained central air unit. I know nothing about boilers. Anyone that can spell it out so even a dummy can do it, is what I need. We have electric baseboard heat and a pellet stove currently. Approximately four foot clearance under entire house. I need to heat an area of 1500 sq. ft. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-15, 09:10 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,180 Votes on 1,093 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Not my forum but just a question or two. If you have central air you may just need to install the coil. Your not surrounded by houses are you ? Many neighbors won't be pleased with a smoking boiler in yours (and their) backyard.

Looking at the Jensen products.... it looks like that unit comes with two heated air blowers and an optional heat coil is available.

See what the others think on the subject.

Old 01-06-15, 09:19 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
Many neighbors won't be pleased with a smoking boiler in yours (and their) backyard.
And some building and zoning codes may not allow it.

I know nothing about boilers. Anyone that can spell it out so even a dummy can do it, is what I need.
That's a pretty tall order. Boilers aren't rocket science, but there's a whole lot more than meets the eye.