A little ODR reassurance

Old 01-06-15, 08:17 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
A little ODR reassurance

In case I'm not remembered, I have the Lochinvar Knight WHN055 with 40gal indirect. I have my 5* day set for 145*, my 70* day set for 115*, which matches my heat loss on my locations design day of 5*. Since changing from the installer's 180/100 I've increased my run times from 10-12 minutes when it's mid40's out to about 20-25mins . Over the last 22 hours it's been about the seasons coldest so far and it's run...17hrs with 8 cycles. House temps have held just fine, I'm about 65-66 depending on zone. The flame display reads 20% with one zone calling and 33%-38% when two zones call.

Everything sound good? Just have the fear of something running so much...I'm used to short cycling I guess...

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-15, 06:39 AM
I am no expert, but those run times and cycles sound awfully good!

Old 01-07-15, 07:09 AM
your heating system just replaces the btu that escape to the outside. If the burner can modulate it will more closely match the btu escaping and keep the temperature of the home even, were if the burner has only one firing rate it will have to start and stop , which puts more stress on the equipment. IMO a perfect system would be one where the flame would come on and modulate to were it would not go out but just match the btus that are escaping from the home.

Old 01-08-15, 04:26 AM
145* didn't cut it last night. Never met the 66* t-stat once the temps outside started hitting single digits, and the house actually lost 2* overnight. I bumped up the 145* to 152*, I'll check its progress at lunch.